Nutrition Drives Animal Health
Two management strategies productive and profitable beef herds have in common are paying attention to nutritional needs and good animal health programs. Animals receiving well balanced diets for their stage of production usually have enhanced nutritional efficiency and superior performance, stronger immune function, and better health for the long term.
Feeding Excell™ and ProCrypt™ together adds specific nutritional and health benefits that compound the results in all stages of cattle especially cows and calves in high pathogen challenges, during calving and weaning and feedlot situations.
Benefits of Excell™:
Strong Appetite and Feed intake
· Consistent dry matter intake is important for maintaining healthy high performing cattle. Excell™ will help stimulate feed intake of cattle and optimize rumen function by supporting an optimum rumen micro-flora population which is responsible for the fermentation and digestion of feed.
Additional Nutrient Intake to Maintain Strong Immune Function
· Feeding Excell™ will help maintain nutrient intake by sustaining a high population of rumen bacteria and the additional microbial protein produced to stimulate immune function and health.
Additional Growth and Performance Compared to Ionophores
· Three University animal trials and in vitro studies have documented Excell™, an all-natural Lactobacillus fermentation product can replace the antibiotics: Monensin and Lasalocid in beef rations with equal to superior gain and comparable feed efficiency.
Excell™ Supports Rumen Function, Animal Performance and Health
· Excell™ is a lactobacillus fermentation product containing prebiotic components and bioactive metabolytes that support microbial populations in the digestive system of the rumen and intestine.
Reducing Pathogen Challenge
The intestine of animals is known to harbor pathogenic microorganisms causing major economic loss and health issues, especially to young calves. Protozoa; cryptosporidium and coccidiosis, Bacteria; E. coli, Salmonella, and Clostridia, Virus; rotavirus and coronavirus which are shed into the environment in the manure.
Infection of young calves is a common issue and can lead to severe health issues and high mortality if the calves have not acquired natural immunity.
Implementation of a good nutritional program that supports high antibody levels in colostrum at calving time will help protect the newborn calves from infective pathogens. When treatment becomes necessary, use a high-quality oral electrolyte product that corrects metabolic acidosis and hydrates the scouring calf as quickly as possible.
ProCrypt™ Helps Maintain a Healthy Intestine and Optimum Colostrum IgG Levels
Reducing the pathogen load on pastures and areas were cattle congregate, especially calving areas can reduce the risk of pathogenic infection and health issues in young calves.
Benefits of ProCrypt™:
· 12% higher IgG level in colostrum
· Maintains integrity of mucosal and tight junction tissue of intestinal villi reducing “leaky gut” and pathogen entry
· Affects pathogen attachment in the intestine reducing toxin production and inflammation
· Impacts oocyst development and shedding by interrupting the life cycle during the sporulation stage of reproduction
· Affects pathogen population and growth in the intestine by binding with naturally occurring acids that disrupt pathogen food availability
ProCrypt™ is an OMRI certified feed additive from selected chestnut wood (Castanea Sativa) that supports the health of animals.
Contact your sales representative for more information on Excell™, ProCrypt™ and other Pacer Technology products for your operation.
Providing Valuable Nutrients for Crops and Livestock