The first 10 days is the most important feeding period of a newborn calf’s life. During the first 5 days, the calf is protected from most pathogens by passive immunity from colostrum, so it is important that the cow has produced a high level of immunoglobulins (IgG’s) before calving. Passive immunity from colostrum only lasts about 5 days and during the next two weeks the calf is susceptible environmental pathogen challenge until the immature immune system becomes completely functional.
Implementation of a good nutritional program in the cow that supports high antibody levels in colostrum at calving time will help protect the newborn calves from infective pathogens. Research has shown that ProCrypt™ can raise the immunoglobulin level in colostrum by 12% to 15% when fed to the cow 30 days before calving.
Protect Calves with ProCrypt™
ProCrypt™ will help protect newborn calves from neonatal diarrhea caused by bacteria; E. coli, Clostridium, Salmonella and protozoa; Cryptosporidium, Coccidia as well as an aid for diarrhea caused by Rota and Coronavirus.
When treatment becomes necessary, use a high-quality oral electrolyte product that corrects metabolic acidosis and hydrates the scouring calf as quickly as possible.
12%-15% Higher IgG in Colostrum
Benefits of ProCrypt™:
· 12%-15% higher IgG level in colostrum
· Protects calves from neonatal diarrhea
· Maintains optimum mucosal and crypt protection and tight junctions of the intestinal villi which causes “leaky gut” and pathogen entry into the calf’s tissues
· Affects pathogen attachment in the intestine reducing toxin production and inflammation
· Impacts pathogen load by inhibition of their communication (“quorum sensing”) and food deprivation
ProCrypt™ is an OMRI certified feed additive from selected chestnut wood (Castanea Sativa) that supports the health of animals.
ProCrypt™ provides a diversity of bioactive polyphenols providing optimum use and absorption of nutrients and maintenance of a strong immune system.
ProCrypt™ can be used in all livestock species and is safe for the environment.
ProCrypt™ Provides Value Added Benefits
· Protection of young calves through optimum IgG levels in colostrum
· Maintenance of a low pathogen load by aiding in the maintenance of healthy intestinal tissue and action of selective astringent properties
· Broad spectrum protection:
o Protozoa - Cryptosporidium and Coccidiosis
o Bacteria - E. Coli, Salmonella, and Clostridia
o Virus - Rotavirus and Coronavirus
· Maintains intestinal integrity – aids in prevention of leaky gut in the small intestine
· Maintains optimum liver health and function – high antioxidant qualities and helps regulate rumen pH to prevent acidosis and development of liver abscesses
· Promotes good rumen function – Optimum feed efficiency and nutrient intake levels promote growth, production, and animal health
· No withdrawal issues – usage at any stage of production
· Heat stable to over 300F – feed processing is no issue
Providing Valuable Nutrients for Crops and Livestock